AT&T Navigator: GPS Maps, Navigation & Traffic
Get real time traffic, maps, deals, offline maps, voice guided directions and more. Features include voice turn by turn navigation, compare gas prices and discounts for local businesses. Powered by TeleNav, the AT&T Navigator makes driving easier with real-time, on-the-road directions.
Released on the iPhone in 2009, the AT&T Navigator was the first GPS navigation app made for the iPhone. Since then, the AT&T Navigator has evolved in response to the changing needs of the its users and competitors. Features for AT&T Navigator includes: local discounts for nearby businesses, the ability to locate and drive to cheap gas and an updated search database. The integration of Yelp and TripAdvisor APIs let's users quickly discover, drive and save point of interests for future reference.
When I joined TeleNav in 2013, the product had already been in out in the market for over 4 years. The team at TeleNav worked closely with AT&T to identify opportunities to provide the user with more value while updating their product to iOS7. Leveraging existing research data from AT&T Navigator, I collaborated with Tangible UX to gain a better understanding on the product usability and understandability. I collaborated with two designers to build the mileage tracker, find gas and deals flows, UI and UX.
Assumptions for this UX/UI:
- User downloaded app and completed the onboarding flow
- User has entered their home and work address
- User has marked a point of interest as a favorite location
Interaction Design (Starting from top left)
- User profile and settings stored under the menu options
- User can enter destination via text or voice input
- Heart tag on the map represents a favorite destination; by clicking on it it will take you to navigation mode
- Secondary tab bar act as shortcuts to driving home and work with driving an estimated driving time
- Scrollable discovery tab bar
Mileage Tracker. Categorize trips into business and personal for expense reports.
Gas. List view for cheap gas nearby. Tap ‘drive’ to begin the navigation experience.
Discounts and Deals. Clicking on the coupon will update the preview area.